Proper cleansing of the skin is the first step in achieving healthy, beautiful skin. Cleansing removes dirt, oil, and makeup that build up on the skin’s surface. With proper daily cleansing (twice a day; morning and night) you will help improve the look and feel of your skin. Facial cleansers come in many varieties so when purchasing a cleanser ensure it is pH balanced and free of soap (as soap disturbs the natural balance of the skin and may cause skin problems and irritation). In many cases, it is a great idea to have a basic cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, and oils and a second “treatment” cleanser for a more in-depth cleanse. This second cleanser may provide a deeper exfoliation, brighten, or purify, and only needs to be used a few times a week.
How do I wash my face?
- Wet hands and face with warm water
- Apply small amount of cleanser into palm of hands
- Gently massage cleanser over face and neck (include eye area if recommended)
- Repeat step 3 if wearing makeup
- Rinse with warm water or use facecloth if desired (replace facecloth at each cleanse)
- Pat dry